They buy puppies from breeders and from Craigslist and call themselves "a rescue." Adoption fees between $650-$2000.
Melissa Bacelar perpetuates the homeless dog problem in Los Angeles. Buying dogs from backyard breeders/puppy mills incentivizes these terrible breeders to keep breeding....
ECONOMICS 101: SIMPLE SUPPLY & DEMAND
Funds used for Ms. Bacelar's expensive lifestyle
Provide medical care in leiu of actually having the dogs see a licensed veterinarian.
Threats made against adopters suffering after puppy dies of Parvo.
Adoption shall be both sterilized and adoptable for total fees, including, but not limited to, adoption fees, not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500).
Wagmor adopting fees START at $650, most $850,
max so far - $2000.
Get the calculator:
Wagmor claims to have rescued 4500 dogs or
200 per month.
Lets be conservative, average out adoption fees to $850.00
1. Why aren't all adoption $$$$$$ the same? Some dog's medical care costs more than others, but that doesn't change the fee? But adoption fees are higher for purebreds? That sounds just like a pet store or breeder.
2. Why is the application process completely focused on PUPPIES? Don't you rescue adult dogs? If your answer is you use the word interchangeably, referring to all dogs as "puppies", then we have a follow up question...
3. Does that mean that you don't get to meet the dog before finalizing the adoption? Adopters don't meet adult dogs before payment is recieved?
4. If that is not the case, that means that you aren't using the word "puppy" interchangeably, IT MEANS YOU FOCUS ON RESCUING AND ADOPTING PRIMARILY PUPPIES!
5. Does Wagmor return the adoption fee if it's not the right match? NO
Plus donations of hundreds of thousands of dollars, transport vans, $150,000 for her store, +++++++++
Very high end, 2 million goes to medical care for the dogs.
WAGMOR'S VETERINARY must be DOING WELL.
Wagmor doesn't pay fosters. That still leaves over $2 Million+ in the bank.
IN HER OWN WORDS...BY MELISSA BACELAR
Communication between Ms. Bacelar and Adopters with Parvo Puppies. 5 of the 6 DIED. Ms. Bacelar pretends she knows nothing of it, tries to blame it on adopter, denies any of the other puppies in the litter are sick, however she knows of another death, and uses the terminal medical condition to raise donations.
Wagmor is "involved" with more large hoarding cases than Animal Control. The public needs to ask more questions. These cases usually involved an enforcement agency. Do puppies get abandoned on the side of the road? Yes. However, the sheer number of puppies and the frequency of such occurrences is highly suspect.
“act in furtherance of a person’s right of petition or free speech under the United States or California Constitution in connection with a public issue”...any other conduct in furtherance of the exercise of the constitutional right of free speech in connection with a public issue or of an issue of public interest.